Thursday 1 May 2014

Sketch Challenge no.29

Hello Scrap Africa Friends


It's the 01st May and autumn is really setting in, here in Africa! The trees and their leaves are all changing colour and it's a very distinctive autumn this year! Winter looks like it will be early and we are starting to prepare for some rather cool months ahead.



But to warm up this 01st May day, we have a new sketch challenge. We would love you to play along and show us your wonderful creativity.



Guest Designer Badge

I am super excited to introduce you to our awesome special Guest Designer today!
I have no doubt, that you will know her and will also know her gorgeous work!

Her work is fresh, gorgeous and always full of colour and detail! She is creative and inspiring!
I have come to know her as super organised and super helpful! ;-)
So without further adieu, a warm welcome to Juliana Michaels! ;-)


BLOG:  Juliana Michaels  - 17turtles

My love for art and creating began at an early age thanks to my creative mother who loved to paint, sew and draw. She also loved to photograph our daily lives and kept all of our photos chronologically organized in albums. This early appreciation of art and photography helped form the base of my future love of scrapbooking and papercrafting. When I was younger, I tried nearly every craft you could imagine, including bead making, cross stitch and crochet. It wasn’t until 1997 that I finally found my true passion in paper crafts and scrapbooking, thanks to a dear friend, Carrie Anne. I can thank her for introducing me to the amazing world of scrapbooking.

Color, texture, trying new techniques and playing with new products are what I love. The products are almost always what inspire me to create whatever it is that I make, whether it be a card, a scrapbook page or an altered object/home decor item. I also get inspiration from nature, art, and home decor. You can always visit my blog (www.17turtles.com) to see my latest creations.

I have been a project designer in the paper craft and scrapbook industry since 2007 and I have been fortunate to work for many top manufacturers including: Bo Bunny, Bella Blvd, Provo Craft, and Jillibean Soup. My projects have been published in a variety of magazines and idea books and I have had projects displayed at the Craft and Hobby Association Trade Show.

When I am not creating, I am a wife to my best friend and the love of my life. I am also “momma” to our four legged children, Woody, an American Paint horse and Milo, a Golden Retriever. I have a fondness for coffee, Dr. Pepper, Mexican Food, turtles and antiquing.  In my spare time I enjoy working out, cooking, gardening, and reading science fiction and historical fiction. I also work part time as a physical therapist at a local nursing home.

Juliana created this gorgeous page below! Isn't this just super cute and so special?!
Just a fresh and beautiful page!

 

Please pop over to Juliana's blog, as I am sure she would appreciate the visit and you are sure to love her designs and work!


We have some more Guest Designers, who are TOP projects from a previous challenge, to plant those little seeds of inspiration! ;-)

First up is Christina Lampropoulou 

Η Φωτό Μου

with this stunning page! The soft background and the precious photo's are just fabulous!





***


also created this beautiful and fresh page. The photo's are so very sweet and the vellum banner so creative! 



Thanks soooo much Juliana, Katya and Christina for your beautiful work and for Guest Designing for this challenge!

We have some super projects from our Design Team too.
Have a look at what the ladies created.



























Tanya






We really hope that you are now inspired and are ready to tackle this sketch! ;-)

We have some super random prizes up for grabs.

Firstly, a HUGE thanks to Elizna (Scrap It Design Studio) for her super generosity and giveaway prize.

SPONSOR: SCRAP IT DESIGN STUDIO



Scrap It Design Studio, situated in the beautiful coastal Port Elizabeth, 
is selling a wide selection of Lifestyle Crafts, memory Box and Poppystamps dies. 
Scrap It Design Studio will soon move into a business premises in Richmond Hill 
from where the owner, Elizna Parsons, will teach classes 
and sell dies and other scrapbooking basics.

www. scrapitdesignstudio.blogspot.com
on FACEBOOK: SCRAP IT DESIGN STUDIO
E-MAIL: parri@telkomsa.net

Sponsorship:
Dies as seen on this picture from 
MEMORY BOX, LIFESTYLE CRAFTS AND 2-DIE-4 DIES.
One pack of Shape and tape from Lifestyle Crafts.


Then we also have this super voucher from PPBN Designs.



 

“Here at PPbN Designs, I design SVG cutting files and graphics that will fit any design or craft need you have.  My designs are easy to cut, easy to piece together and will give your scrapbooks, cards, party supplies and crafts a homemade touch that everyone will love!  All of my cuts come with high resolution graphics that are also perfect for digital scrapbooking too!  Please visit us and take a look around our shop.  If you are looking for something but can’t find it, no worries! Just send me an email and I’ll do my best to create it for you! 

One lucky person will win this $30.oo voucher from PPBN designs. So a very big thank you to PPBN designs.


Please upload your projects on the linky tool, as well as on our FB page here.
You have until 14 May 2014.

Be sketchy...
Be creative...
Be you...

We look forward to seeing your projects!
x







4 comments:

  1. What beautiful DT samples! Your comment about the weather really caught my attention. My young son is going to Uganda in early July. It never dawned on me that it will be your winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great inspiration by all of the guest and designers! Thank you so much for having me as your guest designer this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you Juliana for being such a splendid GD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a very interesting sketch and great reveal :) I'd love to make my LO for this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...